Monday, April 2, 2012

Lessons from the Missionaries.

(Picture taken from my moms blog..from a pastores tour)

Sometimes I refer to myself as a "normal human" when comparing myself to the missionaries. I feel like they are one step ahead of me..mentally and spirtitually. Dont get me wrong..I am very spiritual, however I feel that the Missionaries have something special to them. Every single day they study for hours. Every single day they spread the gospel to those around them. Every day they get on there knees in the morning...and at night, and im sure a few times in between. I wish I could bring myself to do that. I wish I had the discipline the Missionaries do. Where they just wake up in the mornings and do what there supposed to do because well..there supposed to, and the best part is, they do it with a smile and a happy heart.



I often find myself wanting to perfect things in my life to catch up to them. Or even just change for them. I feel like I should be on the same page they are on..on the same "cloud 9". I am so blessed to have the oppurtunity to be able to see the missionaries as often as I do. They really are like family to me..literally my brothers and sisters. I learn so much from them. I laugh with them, and I cry with them. I love them.



One day I will marry a return missionary. Until then I will prepare for him. Mentally: so that I can handle hard times and good times and be able to take on things emotionally. Spiritually: so that my kids will be raised in a good strong, loving family like mine, where they will grow up knowing that Heavenly Father loves them. Physically: so that I will live a long time and be healthy and be able to do the things I want to do. There are lots of other things to prepare for...but I think those are important. I have a couple years to work on things..but now is the time to start. As I would encourage any other youngwoman my age.

0 comments: